Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Makung Island Veterans - Reunion - 13-15 May 2020

Calling all Veterans who were stationed or served on Temporary Duty on the Island of Makung, Taiwan.

 Courtesy Makung Facebook Page.

I received a note from George Hammett, a Veteran of Makung, passing information about a upcoming Reunion for those who served on Makung at any time.

George is heading-up the planning for the Reunion.

The Reunion will is being held in Dayton, Ohio - 13-15 May 2020.

George indicated this will be the 2nd Reunion of Makung Veterans.

You can check-in with George via email for additional information.

George's Email:  geoham3@gmail.com

Here's the Makung Facebook page:  Sad Poker ADOT Makung Island Taiwan.


Curious to what the Chinese says:

George translated the characters -

 "Why is God doing this to me?"


 

5 comments:

Taipei Air Station said...

Could someone please translate the Chinese at the bottom of the Makung Patch. Thank you.

Unknown said...

"Why is God doing this to me?" is what it says. George Hammett

萬新鐵路 said...

Why God treat me like this?
為何上帝如此對我?

Unknown said...

My name is Steve Fowler sfowler@sfowler.com. I was on the island in 1967-1968. I did the original site patch which had in latin "Quid Me Domine" which meant "why me , God?" I missed the reunion ... juts saw the page.

Love to contact people there during my time.

Unknown said...

I was TDY to Makung in 1973 from Clark Air Base Philippines, 1838 EIS. 30 days that I still think of often. It was a remarkable experience, upgrading the Comm site. Sure would like to see the place now. epglake@charter.net. Oct 2021. Pray for Taiwan. Seems they are threatened significantly, now.