Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Here's Your Guidebook to Taipei Air Station - UP-DATED

Click on the photo for a larger view.

Pete Tinderholt sent in a copy of his 1969 Taipei Air Station Guidebook for posting to our Taipei Air Station Web Site.

Pete worked at Site 4 on Taoyuan Air Base from 1971 through the summer of 1973.

Hope you enjoy looking through it.

You will find the complete copy HERE.

Anyone care to take a shot at guessing the location of guidebook cover photograph?

I don't know, but, I will guess the Grand Hotel.

What's your guess?


ADDED - 22 October 2010

Les Duffin sent over these photographs.  

Les believes the buildings are from the same area of the Grand Hotel as the photo on the cover of the booklet above.




 







 

2 comments:

Don said...

This is a great find, Kent. Many thanks to you and Pete for sharing it.

I only made it over to Taipei Air Station once or twice and I learned a lot more about the place today.

Anonymous said...

I think you're right, Kent. The cover photo looks like the single-story Grand Hotel wing that was located west of the main building. It was called the Jade Pavilion if I remember correctly. I'll see if I can find a photo or two and send them along.

Les