Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Taipei Air Station Web Site

Last Friday, 10 October, was the anniversary of the "Taipei Air Station" web site, not to be confused with this Taipei Air Station blog. You can jump to the web site by clicking the link just above my Air Force photograph on the right side of this page.

I was reluctant to step out 3 years ago, but no one had come forward in more that 20 years to tell the stories of those of us who served at Taipei Air Station and other places in Taiwan. My friends at the Shu Linkou have been taking care of business at the Shu Linkou web site for many years, but they only covered Shu Linkou.


So, with the help of Microsoft, I uploaded the first pages of Taipei Air Station web site on October 10, 2005, double 10 ++.

As I have said many times, I am in love with Taiwan. I am a fellow who grew up in Texas, but Taiwan is the home of my heart.

So, 3 years ago, I ventured out with the new web site, Taipei Air Station.

There have been so many folks who have sent kind words and encouraging emails during the past 3 years.


I must also say, I have had so much help from friends I met on line via the TaipeiAirStation@Hawaii.rr.com email address. Many folks mailed in photographs, told their stories of happiness and heartache. We all have a story to tell, consider sending your story in.

Thank you for helping me tell our stories and present those photographs long stuck away in your stuff.

My thanks and best wishes to each who read this post.

May your life be filled with riches and joy.

Thank you for helping me.

Kent Mathieu
Taipei Air Station Web Site.
Monday, 13 October 2008.

No comments: