Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kaohsiung Military Clubs

We had a story on the blog last month about the, Sea Dragon Club in Kaohsiung.

Recently, Scott Ellinger was in contact with a US Navy officer who took many color photographs in Kaohsiung, while his ship was visiting on a port call. Here are two of his color photos.  I will post more of his beautiful photos shortly.
.
One of his photos, seen below, was titled, Officer's Club on the Roof.

The photo looks familiar to the photo we posted last month about the Sea Dragon Club.
I put the 2 photos side by side and they seemed to be the same building.

Please get out your magnifying pieces and give me your opinion.  Are they the same place?
.
A closer view of the Barber Shop next door. Photo courtesy of E. Putnam circa 1954.
 Photo courtesy of E. Putnam circa 1954.
The club in the above photo, couldn't have been open very long when this photo was taken.

Photo courtesy of Scott Ellinger circa 1966



Same building?
.
Please leave your thoughts in a Comment below.


2 comments:

Dave Figard MMFN said...

I was in Taiwan in 1972 73 during Chinese new year. I remember the club.
It was up on the second floor, very steep steps. Many fell down them from being drunk. Many were thrower down them. Another of fights the Lucky bar was on the same side of street to the right. I was on USS Bryce Canyon AD 36. I remember an embroidery business I had a Levi jacket decorated with all the different ports we went. And so much more. Lost it at Honolulu HA.at the international Airport. So many years ago. I still wish I had it.sorry for long wind. Good luck in your endeavors. Name of business where embroidering was done was BE BE interprises

Anonymous said...

650 nt sailor boy. Love you no sh"^#%*t