Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thursday's Dinner Menu at Club 63

Click on the Menu for a full-size readable copy.

Peter Ciccgrello had Dinner at Club 63 on Thursday, 10 May 1962 and kept the menu.


I would have ordered the Schnitzel Holstein for 95 cents. I'm hungry just envisioning the plate arriving at my table, the aroma of the schnitzel and gravy is overwhelming!

And your order sir? We're featuring a 12 ounce Sirloin

A side note: Just how much money were we making in 1962? I had forgotten. And to think we were living such a life on so little salary.......

Click here for the 1962 Pay Chart.

1 comment:

Don said...

I first enlisted in 1962 and I see on the pay chart that I was making $78.00 a month. Wow, I was really in tall cotton, huh?

There's a government website at http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl where you can find out what a dollar amount from previous years is worth in today's dollars. According to the calculator, my $78 is the same as $558.73 today!

Anyway, great menu from the Club 63. Thanks for posting it.