Taipei Air Station - 1966 - - - " What you have in the end are memories"......... Photo Courtesy of Richard Reesh.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Grade School Girl's Recollections of Tainan AB

Pat Mahoney Torguson resided with her family in Tainan from 1958 to 1960.

Only in grade school at the time, her observations of Tainan Air Base and the city of Tainan are unique.

Read her comments, as seen from a school girls eyes HERE.

If you have more to say about your tour in Taiwan, please email us.

There is certainly much more to be recounted, why not share your remembrances....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was sTaTioned aT Tainan AS from July 1960 To SepTember 1961. I was assigned To The 6214h Air Police SecTion. EvidenTly, your faTher had lefT, The NCOIC was SSgT D'Achipre. I did noT enjoy my Time aT Tainan buT T en years laTer I reTurned o Taipei wiTh my wife To Shu Lin Kou AS. I would like To reTurn someday, buT I don, Think iT is in The cards for me. Excuse my using capiTal Tees,my compuTer will only Type capiTal Tees.

Geoff Golden said...

Pat,

I was the one that found the cobra in the boy bathroom. Miss Wakasuki made me go the office afterwords. I have told that story and nobody has ever believed me thank you for verifying it.

You and I were at the theater the day the C-46 crashed. I remember it also. I remember being interviewed by the MP's after we got out of the movie.

Those CAT Club spring rolls really were to die for. The buffet on Sunday night was something that was also never missed.